The Government Affairs Industry Network (GAIN) gathered on December 8 to learn about fly-ins. A fly-in can be one of the most effective ways to motivate advocates and get your message across to Capitol Hill. It can also be one of the most stressful experiences of your career—or possibly even your life. The panel provided tips and techniques for reducing stress and increasing effectiveness and covered the following topics:
- Streamlined, efficient structures for registering advocates and scheduling meetings.
- How to craft policy compelling materials that will influence advocates and legislators alike.
- What advocates need to know to be prepared.
- The role social media and electronic communications can play in making, or breaking, your event.
- Best strategies to encourage advocates to connect with policymakers in district.
- Different options for small, medium and large events and how to choose.
- Types of events you can include in a fly-in, including events in district.
Special thanks to our sponsor and host, Stephanie Vance of Advocacy Associates and our speakers, Monika Geraci, Recreational Vehicles Industry Association, Matt Wright, Children’s Hospital Association and Randy Ford, National Write Your Congressman.